Polymer Clay: Shannon TaborAugust 2, 2016
Quick & Easy Shading TechniqueAugust 12, 2016
PanPastel Colors are super-blendable, so they are great for beautiful graduated background effects which create a unique color base for your coloring pages. Because the colors are semi-transparent, the design lines underneath can be seen clearly.
1. Load a large Sofft Sponge (Angle Slice / Big Oval) with PanPastel Color by swiping over pan surface once or twice. Apply color to half of the page with one color.
Don’t worry about going over the edge/lines of the design as this can be removed later with an eraser. Read our erasing tips.
2. Apply 2nd color to other half of the page.
Tip: “Clean” Sofft Sponge between colors by wiping on a dry paper towel.
3. Blend both colors, where they meet, to create a third color. The PanPastel Colorless Blender enhances the “flow” and extends the blending possibilities of PanPastel. Find out more about the Colorless Blender.
4. Use colored pencils (or markers) on top of the PanPastel background.
5. Continue coloring…. Enjoy!
Try “buffing” with a paper towel or tissue to push color further into paper. Color can also be protected with any spray pastel fixative.
PanPastel Colors are artists’ quality soft pastel colors packed in a unique pan format (cake-like). The special qualities of PanPastel Colors mean that colorists can blend and apply pastel (dry) color like paint for the first time.
PanPastel Colors are a great addition to your coloring materials, as they can be used to achieve colorful backgrounds. They are completely compatible with other coloring materials e.g. colored pencils, markers etc. They are semi-transparent so design lines show through, and because they are dry they can be used on all papers without buckling or bleeding. FIND OUT MORE: PanPastel.com